Sunday, April 21, 2013

Retro Stampin'

Like many fanatic paper-crafters out there I have tons of stamps and tons of paper. And I keep acquiring more. Anyone in that same club? A large percentage of my stamps are from Stampin' Up because that's where I got my start. So I am going to start pulling out my older sets and give them some love and bring them back to life.


I made my first card for the Friday Mashup #106. I've never participated in this challenge. This challenge is a color challenge; using the colors Sahara Sand, Wisteria Wonder and Perfect Plum. The shades of purple reminded me of flowers. So I pulled out the set called Looks Like Spring. It was one of the first sets that Stampin' Up had a special punch made to cut out the smaller flowers. I stamped the large daisy with Perfect Plum on Wisteria Wonder card stock twice and cut out the flowers. I tied some linen thread to a purple button and glued it to the center. I stamped the solid diamond stamp with Sahara Sand on Whisper White and sponged some Wisteria Wonder on the edge. Matted it with Sahara Sand card stock. Then tied some linen thread around that layer and through a punched hole of the friend tag. I stamped the diamond outline with Sahara Sand on Whisper White and stamped the smaller flowers in Sahara Sand and Perfect Plum randomly over the diamond outline and sponged again with Wisteria Wonder. Matted that with some Wisteria Wonder and then attached to the Sahara Sand card base.


The second card I am sharing is one I made last weekend. I pulled out another old Stampin' Up set called Teacups. I love the whimsical images and font for the sentiment. I paper pieced the stack of teacups with pattern papers from the K&Company Julianne paper pad. I also used some of the papers for the background and the hexagon layer. Added a touch of sewing on this one too.

I can't wait to play with some more older sets.


3 comments:

Faye said...

The embossing is a great detail on this fab card. X

Heidi Baks said...

Waving hi, Melissa! I remember those stamps in your first card. That's when I just started stamping too. Lovely flower and layout. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Congratulations for your card being recognized over at FM!