Tuesday, April 23, 2013

CSS Spring Has Sprung Hop

It's time again for another CSS Alumni Blog Hop. If you are following the hop from the beginning you should have come from Lori's blog. If not, you will want to start over at StampTV.com and see what all CSS Alumni have created for the challenge.


Our theme for this hop is Spring Has Sprung. Of course when most people think of spring they think of flowers. I think of my favorite flower of all time, a simple white daisy. I cut the petal layers using a Silhouette cut file. The center is a circle stamped with the dotted image from the set Lovely Ladybug. The sentiment is also from that same set. I used the Sketch #432 from SplitCoastStampers for this week. I thought it was perfect to allow the flower take center stage. The photo is a little blurry, the flower looks so stunning in real life. I think I will make a whole bunch of these flowers and put them in a vase to admire.

Now head over to Miesje's blog to see what Springy creation she has to share.


26 comments:

Miesje said...

I love it - the white daisy is wonderful! Very Spring!

joy said...

WOW! Gorgeous daisy card - your card just makes me smile it is so "springy"!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun daisy! Very Spring!

Theresa Momber said...

What a great way to use that set! Love your daisy!!!

Cheri said...

Love, love, love it, Melissa!! Well done!!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I love this Daisy- it's great for a card, and for a smile!

Rosy Newlun said...

Clean, simple, sweet goodness and I do love that giant flower!!!

Unknown said...

Great colors, beautiful flower, it's awesome!!

Cheryl Wright said...

Love, love, love this card! I adore the way the flower is the focal point, yet the greeting stands out.
TFS!

--Marcy said...

Yes - I would do a vase of these lovely daisy's as well! They are wonderful!

meemee48 said...

What a stunning flower, an ode to
spring.

Deb R said...

Love the flower!

Cards By Betty said...

Beautiful card I would enjoy getting it

Verna Angerhofer said...

An amazingly beautiful card. I love that white daisy.

Lori said...

Nice card, the daisy is great!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Gorgeous card....love the patterned paper & that great daisy.

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card - love the white daisy against the background!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wonderful card. Love your daisy.

Unknown said...

Love the daisy, very spring.

Andrea said...

A beautiful spring card love the cut flower, I want to have a go at cutting one myself

Lynne said...

Beautiful white flower.

Judy Inukai said...

Great card. I love the way you did the daisy.

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card and like everyone else Love the daisy.

Nana Griffin said...

Cute card.

Betty Neville said...

So beautiful, Melissa! Your daisy is gorgeous; and its' centre and the dp you used are perfect!

Marsha said...

LOVE that flower and great center for it too.