Saturday, January 12, 2013

Love - SSS193


It's time for another Sweet Stop Sketch.

I've been obsessed with crocheting lately. I found a pattern a while ago to make little crochet hearts and have been making a bunch of them. They are so quick and easy to make. And apparently they are quite popular with some of the companies at CHA. I had no idea they were going to become a new trend when I started making them. Well I had some of them laying on my stamp table just waiting to be used. They look perfect on this Love card I made for the sketch this week.

I used the pattern paper from MME for the color palette of the whole card. I love the red, orange and vanilla put together. I always tend to use white instead of vanilla and am trying to make more of a conscious effort to change that. I used the dots from Grunge Borders for the bottom panel. The hearts stamped on the panel under the crocheted hearts are from the Vintage Postcard set as well as the postmark stamp surrounding the work Love on the vanilla heart. The word 'Love' is from Vintage Ornaments. I like that you can use stamps from Christmas sets for non-Christmas cards. Makes the stamp sets go further. I pulled out some different trims to add a border between the two bottom panels and used a lot of foam tape for dimension. I 'LOVE' how it turned out.

So now it is your turn. Join us over the the Sweet Stop and show us what you can make with the sketch this week. I can't wait to see what you share. You can get all the details over at the Sweet Stop Sketch blog.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this, especially those heart embellies! Great color combo.

slbt17 said...

love it ! I am going to look up crochet hearts - they are precious!
Sandra ltb

Cathymac said...

Oh, Melissa...love the hanging crocheted hearts and border! The combination of stamp sets used and colors are fabulous! Very creative! Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Melissa. Those felt hearts are fabulous! Also like the pretty trims... great take on the sketch with the layered hearts.

Stephanie said...

Wow, love your hearts!!