Monday, March 26, 2012

PMS Digi Makeover Challenge #29

This week we are celebrating the BOYS.

With all the frilly lacy embellishments available it seems to be much easier to make girly cards than masculine cards. But this week we are challenging PMS fans to make a card for a boy/man in your life.

I used the Rock Star image from the Oliver Digital Stamp Set. I cut out the guitar shaped card, banner and star with my Silhouette Cameo. The cool thing about this tool is that it is so Digi Stamp friendly. I was able to place the Rock Star sentiment directly in the Silhouette Studio Software and layer it with the banner cut file. The software sends the Digi Stamp to your printer and the machine knows exactly where to cut around it. Love it! I used black and bronze card stock for the star and guitar. I used some mini brads and DMC floss for the guitar strings.

So put away your frilly, lacy embellishments and pull out your manly digital images and embellishments to play along with our challenge this week. You can get all the details on the blog here.

2 comments:

Anne Temple said...

I didn't know the Silhouette would cut out digi stamps - so very cool. Love your awesome guitar and the "real" strings.

Michelle VP said...

Awesome card, Melissa! Love the cut-out guitar-shaped card and added brads & string for texture. What a great idea for a guy card! Maybe I should take another look at those electronic die-cut machines.... :)