Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Moody Rock Star

My favorite images from Paper Makeup Stamps are the Moody images. So many fun themes and a joy to color. I had this fun Moody for Rock image already printed and sitting on my counter ready to be colored. I am entering this card in two challenges. The sketch is from Jen's Deconstructing Sketch blog. Love the sketch and can see me using it often. I am also submitting this for the iCopic challenge this week. I've used several colors to color Moody that I don't usually use. The bright yellow-orange and dark olive green are colors I tend to avoid, unless it is for a small accent. I also don't think I ever did this color combo. But I sure do like it.



I pulled out some old supplies for this card. Wide twill ribbon from SU, metallic floss from DMC, and Paisley Spellbinder die. The pattern paper is Cosmo Cricket Digital paper. Love that! I actually framed the pattern paper inside the open olive square. and then layered it onto some bright yellow card stock. Even dusted off my sewing machine to add some fun stitching. It is hard to tell in the picture, but I used a Sakura Stardust pen on the turquoise areas of the Moody image.

Stamps: Moody for Rock Digital {PMS}, Rock Star sentiment {GinaK}
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun & Tangerine Tango {SU}, Digital Pattern Paper {Cosmo Cricket}
Ink: laser printer, Copic markers, Distress ink for sponging, & Vivid Olive green ink pad
Other: sewing machine and thread, metallic floss {DMC}, wide twill ribbon {SU}, peace sign button, paisley Spellbinders die, & Sakura stardust pen

3 comments:

peggy wainman said...

Cool card!

Jen Shults said...

This is fantastic! I love the colors of this and your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Dana said...

So cute!! I love the whole retro 70's look! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at icopic this week =)
Hugs~
Dana