Monday, June 28, 2010

StampTV Sketch Challenge #5

Time for another sketch challenge over at StampTV.com.  The sketch for this week came from an interesting place. About a year ago I was intrigued by the design on a dress that one of the women was wearing in church. It had all of these groupings of geometric shapes. And what came to my mind. Wow, they would make some great sketches for stamping cards. LOL! So I pulled out my little notepad from my purse and drew some rough sketches. They sat untouched in my purse for a long time. I pulled them out the other day and decided to use one for my next sketch challenge. The original design from the dress consists of the 3 smaller squares and the three groups of buttons. The rest I added to make it a card design.


I made this card for my mom's birthday. She turned 57 on Saturday. Of course she doesn't look a day over 27. :o)

The fake stitching around the blocks and the tape measure layer is from the new set, Stitches, illustrated by Tami Mayberry and sold by Gina K Designs. It will be available Thursday night after the Release Party. You won't want to miss the fun.  Thursday night at 7 pm to 10 pm CST. That's 8 - 11 EST, my time. The design team shares lots of great inspirational samples and Gina reveals the full stamp sets throughout the party. There is also stamping challenges and other fun ways for chances to win FREE stamps.  Then at 10pm CST the new stuff is available for purchase in the store. I am one of the repeat offenders that shows up every Gina throws a party.  Hope to see you there.

Supplies used for card:
Stamps: Nana's Needlework & Stitches (available Thursday night)
Paper: Pure Luxury Chocolate and White, Cosmo Cricket Material Girl
Other: Koh-I-Noor & Prismacolor Colored Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stumps, buttons, ribbon, DMC white floss and mini brads


No comments: