Friday, March 19, 2010

Monochromatic Monogram Cards

Wow, Gina's party was hoppin' last night. It is StampTV.com's First Birthday and the release party to celebrate was so much fun. And Gina hosted the party at StampTV.com this time.  So much more organized and really felt like home.  There are a bunch of challenges posted and we have until Monday to participate.  I made the following two cards for Donna's Monochromatic Monogram Card Challenge.  I decided to use black and shades of white for my monochromatic colors.

This is my funky card for the challenge.  I bought that paper a few months ago and finally had a chance to use it. 

And this is my elegant card for the challenge.  I found this pattern paper in my stash and have no idea how long I've had it.  I adde the pearls to make it look more real.

For the main image on both I printed the text with Publisher in 2" x 3" boxes.  I used Nestabilities Dies to cut out the white and black panel.  Then I stamped the scroll design from Vintage Borders above and below the text.  I used a Stamp A Ma Jig to line it up.  It is a little hard to see, but I drew a silver outline on the white text panel with a gel pen.  I also did some real sewing on this one.  I love the look of real stitching on cards and need to make a point to use my sewing machine more often.

After doing this challenge I definately want to make more cards like this.  They would make great gifts for people who like to send little notes to friends and family.

It is supposed to be warm and sunny here in south central PA tomorrow.  Great weather to move my sister. Have a beautiful weekend!

1 comment:

Donna Baker said...

You did a FANTASTIC job on these and YES, they make a wonderful gift for YOU and others. so glad you played!