Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Guest Designer for Melanie Muenchinger

I am totally thrilled and extremely grateful that Melanie Muenchinger asked me to be the guest designer for her new set School, Sports and Spirit. This is such a fun set to play with. I am having a blast making scenes with this set and all of her other sets combined.

Last Friday I dropped my niece off at school in the morning. We got there a little early so we sat in the car waiting and watching as other kids were arriving at school. I noticed several boys coming to school on skateboards. I instantly had the idea to make a card with Melanie's new School, Sports and Spirit set and use this little skater dude. Here is what I came up with.


{You can click on the photo to view a larger photo}
He is heading to school and ready to play some basketball. He comes from the set Whatever Floats Your Boat designed by Rupa Shevde and the rest of the stamps are from Melanie's sets School, Sports and Spirit, Tee Talk and Sporty Accessories. Don't they all go so well together.
Now to talk about some details on the card. I made the fringe on the pennant by using some of the woven twine from the Signs of Autumn kit. I stamped the basket ball net onto a transparency sheet with chalk ink. I quickly ran a heat gun over it to set the ink. It worked perfectly without melting the plastic. Then I cut a slit and slipped the basketball into the hoop. I made a little backboard with some card stock that I ran through one of my new cuttlebug folders. I love those things. Since I used this little skater dude I decided to stamp "Skate" on the backboard. The pattern paper is Mr Campy: Nature Walk from Cosmo Cricket. The paper is double sided. Leaves on one side and wood grain on the other. They helped me make the perfect background for my back to school scene.
I hope you have an awesome day and please feel free to leave a comment telling me what you think. I love to hear from you.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

okay, now THAT is the cutest thing ever! love the flag on the skateboard LOL! I have got to get me that diamond folder, great backboard!! GREAT card!! high five!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I second what Mel says! How cute is that skater!

Jennie said...

This is so cute Melissa! Kudos to you friend for being Melanie's Guest Designer!!! Is the background for the basketball hoop called diamond? I *almost* bought that one yesterday and am kicking myself that I didn't!!!! Just love this card Melissa!

redwasher1 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! On being Melanie's Guest Designer. I love this card and I too think I need that diamond folder. Looking forward to more of your creations.

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh now stop!!!! this one is tooo cute...how did you think of all those details??? now I'm in love with a turtle!!! you just never know...big smile for you!!! lol
Linda

Donna Baker said...

you've done a bang up job as her guest designer! I love this, it's so cute. love the turtle's flag with the fringe!