Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So Grateful for Autumn

My favorite season is Autumn. It represents an end to Summer heat. I am not too fond of hot weather. So when Gina K Designs released this new kit with all things Autumn, I had to have it. Here is a card I made with the yummy basket of apples and some sprigs of wheat.



I decided to color them green instead of red. The rebel inside of me. ;o) The patterned paper is from the kit. I also used Soft Sand card stock from Gina K Designs' Pure Luxury line. I love the color and the weight of this card stock. It is perfect for Autumn cards. The bronze brads are from the kit as well. I used Prismacolor pencils and baby oil to color the basket. I used Copic markers for the apples. Oh, and the little nails on the basket are self adhesive nail heads also from Gina K Designs.

Being a huge fan of Gina K Designs, I want to remind anyone reading this that she is releasing new sets and other fun stuff tomorrow night. Come to the party in the Member Forum area of Splitcoaststampers.com. I am in the EST time zone, so it starts at 8:00 pm for me. I look forward to seeing lots of my stampin' friends there. For more information about Gina's parties, check out this thread.

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...this is really fantastic. I love the way you popped up the wheat around your sentiment. Creative for sure!