Saturday, August 08, 2009

I'm back and ready to stamp...

I am finally back to my stamping home, so to speak. I've been very busy working on a software upgrade project at work. The hardest work is behind me and I finally have the time and energy to do some stamping. Yipppeeeee! Sorry to those of you that may have been stopping by and not seeing anything new. I just did not have the energy to do anything stamping related.

So, here is my first project I actually created a few weeks ago when I did find a small bit of energy to stamp. It's been sitting on my table waiting to be photographed and uploaded to my blog and StampTV.com.

I found an old Bath & Body Works bag a few weeks ago. I had it packed away in a box of "stuff" and just knew it would come in handy some day. :o) You know how that is, right? So I brought it into my stamp room and then I began scratching my head. What should I do with this thing, I thought to myself. Then it hit me. I'll make a paper bag card. Here is a photo of the back just to prove to you where it came from.




I thought Gina K Designs My Cuppa' Joe would look great with the checkered design on the bag. I pulled out some yellow paper that looks like notebook paper from my pack of K & Company Wild Saffron pack. I stamped the coffee bag and beans image directly onto the paper with blue ink that looks like ink from a pen. I used the same ink to stamp the bag on some orange pattern paper and cut it out. I glued it to the already stamped bag on the yellow piece. I colored in the beans with a brown Copic marker. I added some fun accessories, including a mini Tim Holtz paper clip I bought a while ago and never used. I also created an insert page for the front cover pocket. You can see it peeking out the side. I paper pieced the mug onto that page.



Finally, this is the inside. I just layered some card stock to the inside with some pattern paper and a strip of ribbon.


I hope you like my paper bag card. I also had a chance to play with some new Anya images I bought a few weeks ago from The Greeting Farm. I'll be sharing some fun projects I made with them tomorrow.

stamps: My Cuppa' Joe
paper: yellow piece from Wild Saffron {K & Company}, checkered bag from Bath & Body Works, orange piece {unknown}
ink: Agean Blue VersaMagic chalk ink, Copic markers, orange ink for sponging
other: large eyelets, orange ribbon, small copper brads, mini paper clip

1 comment:

Patti J. said...

Awesome project! I have actually had some of my workshop ladies asking to do a paper bag class lately - this would be great fun! Cute, cute, cute!