Sunday, August 30, 2009

Caffeinated Autumn Mood

I have two cards to share with you today. Both represent some of my favorite things.


In the Mood for Autumn
I love autumn weather. It is so much cooler and less humid than summer. And I just love the colors; Reds, Oranges, Browns, Yellows with hints of Green. To get in the Autumn Mood I pulled out some old and new autumn stamps and this fabulous felt leaf and swirl border I bought at Big Lots the other week. Here is my autumn card:




Stamps: Signs of Autumn StampTV Kit, So Grateful
Paper: Pure Luxury Green Apple & Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie & So Saffron
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, greens and browns for sponging, Copic markers
Other: bronze brads from kit, Nestabilities Die, green printed ribbon from stash, felt border


Caffeine Keeps me Going
I have to admit my one true weakness is coffee. I like it hot, iced and frozen. I found a new coffee set at Stampede (my Local Stamp Store) the other day. I love this phrase in the set. If you can't read it, it says:

"I don't have a problem with caffeine, I have a problem without caffeine!"

Yep, that's me. Gotta have my cuppa' joe every morning and a decaf at night.

I made this CAS (Clean and Simple) card using images and a phrase from the set. I like that the coffee mugs are large and lots of room for paper piecing.



Stamps: Coffee Cafe {TPC Studio}
Paper: Pure Luxury Soft Sand, Basic Gray {SU}
Ink: Basic Gray Dye Ink, VersaMagic Perfect Plumeria, Aegean Blue, & Spanish Olive, Copic Marker for coffee in mugs
Other: mini brads, small piece of blue ribbon from stash

No comments: