Sunday, June 14, 2009

I can't stop quilting. With paper that is. It's a great way to use up scraps of pattern paper.

Although for my first card I used paper from my brand new Basic Grey Wisteria pad. The paper is gorgeous. Especially for making paper quilts.



To make the quilt block I cut 1" squares and then cut them diagonally to make triangles. I then added a small amount of adhesive on the back of each piece and adhered them in a quilt pattern on Ivory card stock. I stitched the block with the zig-zag stitch. I pulled all of the loose threads to the back of the block before adhering to the purple paper from the same paper pack Then I adhered the full quilt block onto River Rock. Finally I adhered the whole thing on a Pure Luxury Ivory card base. The base weight card stock is great for card bases. Very sturdy. The card size is 5". I even used some of the paper as backings for the clear buttons.

For my second card I used some old Stampin' Up Designer Paper; Rose Red and Certainly Celery.



For this quilt block I used 1 1/2" squares cut diagonally. I layered them onto white card stock and sewed it with a zig-zag stitch. The card base is Pure Luxury white base weight.

Stamps: "Relax" from Lazy Days of Summer and "Prayer" sentiment from Flowers for Daisy {All Gina K}

1 comment:

Jennie said...

What great quilted cards! Love the dp you used :o)