Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sugar Coated Flowers

Lee posted the Potluck Friday Challenge over at StampTV.com and asked us to glitter up our cards. She is the queen of all things blinged out. So this challenge was not a surprise. Here is my card:

I received my flower punches from Gina K Designs on Thursday and finally had a chance to try them out. I stamped flowers from the Bold Flowers set using various Memento ink colors onto Pure Luxury White card stock. I also stamped the scalloped rectangle background with smaller stamps from the same set. I punched out the flowers using my new punches. Very easy! I found some new embossing folders made by Sizzix. The 2-pack I bought contained the paisley background you see on the card base and there was a flower background that I used to emboss the centers of my flowers. Cool, huh? I sanded the flowers slightly so make the embossing more noticeable. I coated the flowers and scalloped rectangle with glitter using my Essential Glue Pad. I added some eyelets to the center of each. And used some cool ribbon I bought on clearance somewhere (can't remember where I found that). It matches Memento's Bahama Blue quite nicely. I hope you enjoy the card and have a super Saturday.

Ingredients:
Stamps: Bold Flowers {Gina K Designs}
Ink: Bahama Blue, Bamboo Leaves, Tangelo, & Dandelion {Memento}, Essential Glue Pad
Paper: Old Olive {SU}, Pure Luxury White {Gina K Designs}
Accessories: flower punches {Marvy}, small silver eyelets {SU}, large silver eyelet {sewing store}, blue ribbon {unknown}

No comments: