Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Birthday Card from My Sweetie



Yesterday was my 36th birthday. I decided to take a week off work to celebrate. The main man in my life took off from work on my birthday so he could take me to lunch and shopping. Not only did he wait patiently while I browsed at a few scrap/stamp stores on my birthday, he also stamped an adorable card for me. I usually go camping several times throughout the summer with my mom. Nathan comes to visit and spend time in the woods with me. So I think that is why he chose to use the boy and girl image from the Stampin' Up set Campout. They are making s'mores. I didn't have an appropriate tree stamp for him to use, so he drew his own. He was inspired by Kittie's trees in which she uses Stampin' Up's set Watercolor Minis to make the leaves and grass. He liked the girl owl from Penny Black's Fresh New Day. He even colored the images with shading. He was incredibly proud of the card he made for me, as you can see in the picture below. I am blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life.


1 comment:

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday! Cute card you made.... Hope you enjoyed your week off!