Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another Digital Layer Card


Gina K Designs had a new release Thursday night. Gina is now offering digital paper in her store. The digital paper I used for this card is from a free set designed by Emily Giovanni. I layered the pieces in photoshop and printed it out onto Gina K Pure Luxury White. I trimmed it to 4 inches and layered it onto Basic Black. I stamped the hippo from Hip Hop Accessories Gina K Designs using Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored her in with a Prismacolor black colored pencil and OMS. I used a pink Copic marker for her toe nails and inner ear. I cut her out and attached her with 3M foam tape to add dimension. I used a white flower from the Floral Frenzy Kit Gina K Designs. I stamped the leaves on some green Basic Grey paper with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored the inner part of the leaf with a Prismacolor marker {limepeel}. I stamped the word friend from Tee Talk Gina K Designs using pink chalk ink. Then I added a few rhinestone for bling.

Can you believe this card only has 3 layers if you include the little hippo? I like using the digital papers this way because it saves and I don't have to trim them all and worry about getting them straight.
I made this card for March Release Challenge #3 over in the Gina K Design member forum at Splicoast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so brilliant!! I LOVE this card - and amazed at how you and Mel - and others know how to do this... I'm still a digi dummy! lol! TFS!