Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crocheted Flowers and Digital Paper

I was reading a thread over at SplitCoastStampers the other week about women who were trying to make their own flowers like the crocheted flowers in the new Stampin' Up catalog. I was intrigued. I cannot crochet to save my life, but my mom can. :o) So the light bulb was illuminated. I printed some of the directions shared and bought some yarn and crochet thread. I took everything to my mom and she made me some gorgeous flowers. I finally had a chance to use one of them. Here is a card using a double layer pink flower. I added a 1/2" white circle with a chocolate brown brad and a little pink rhinestone in the middle. Oh, and that gorgeous PP is from a new digital paper pack from Gina K Designs. She just opened a new site called StampTV.com and she will be releasing kits throughout the year. This digital paper pack is a part of her first kit Floral Frenzy. I of course ordered mine right away. I can't wait to get it. She is offering this paper pack and one other for free. So head on over to her blog to get yours and while you are there you better order your kit.

No comments: