Saturday, February 21, 2009

Butterflies

I bought a new Inkadinkadoo set from AC Moore last week called Gemstone Insects. I just love the butterfly stamps included in this set. The large butterfly stamp is my favorite. I also purchased some Patterned Paper because AC Moore had all paper and card stock 40% off. Who could resist that deal, right?

My first card contains an Old Olive base and the PP is Basic Grey Perhaps - Beatrice. I used my circle cutter for the large circles and the matte for the small circle. I punched the smallest white circle using my 1 1/4" punch. I like how the small Stampin' Up hardware flowers fit the inside of the riveting stamps perfectly. I stamped the large butterfly with chalk ink to get a good impression with the clear stamp. I aged it a bit with Tea Dye Distressing Ink. I also added some stitching on the PP square and the large circle.



For this second card I was going for a clean and simple look. I stamped the large butterfly in chalk ink to get the best impression. I cut a large circle from Basic Grey Two Scoops - Swirl and trimmed the bottom and right edge. I used some wide Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon. I stamped Celebrate Today from Simple Sayings (SU retired) and added a small blue rhinestone for the 'O' in Today. I also added small blue rhinestones to the butterfly's antennae. The card base is Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb. weight card stock. It is very sturdy for a card base.


For my last card I used more Basic Grey Perhaps - Beatrice. The piece I cut had some gray that looks good with Basic Gray from Stampin' Up. I stamped the butterfly with trailing bubbles and flowers directly onto the PP with Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored the bubbles and flowers with Copic markers and added some Stickles. I stamped just the butterfly on more of the PP, highlighted parts of the butterfly with Copic markers and cute it out. I attached it using 3M foam tape to add dimension. I cut the ribbon tag with Nestabilities Tag Trio (I finally bought some Nestabilities dies). Added a little ribbon to either end with some brads and here it is.





No comments: