Thursday, August 14, 2008

Snow, snow, snow...

I am so ready for beautiful, glistening, pure white snow. I know, you think I'm crazy, right? I can't help it. I love snow and snowmen. They are the best kind of men. LOL! So in tribute to wanting snow, here is my snowman card. I've had this stamp for years and never really used it. I was never that good at coloring. But with the help of the many talented people at SplitCoastStampers, I have improved my coloring. I really like how this turned out. I used SU Markers to color him. I also read the thread featured in the newsletter on Wednesday about shading. I liked the idea of using the Sahara Sand marker. So I tried it here. It doesn't look too bad. I used a fairly simple layout with not much added. It took longer to color this little guy than it did to put the card together. The label on the wood block indicates the stamp is from Stampassions. I never heard of the company, but I am glad they made this stamp. He was very fun to play with.



Card Details:
Stamps: Starlight Snowman {Stampassions} & Sentiment M255 {My Sentiments Exactly}
Paper: Bordering Blue, Creamy Caramel, & GP White
Ink: Markers {SU}, Brown ink pad {Stamps by Judith} & Close to Cocoa Classic Pad
Accessories: brown ribbon, moss gingham ribbon, word window punch & Sakura stardust clear pen

No comments: