Monday, August 18, 2008

Holiday Snowman Tee

I love snowmen. They are a symbol of cold weather and childhood. Who can forget Frosty and his adventures? I have a lot of snowmen stamps, but don't seem to use them that often. So I pulled out one of my old favorite background stamps I purchased a few years ago. It has snowmen and other winter stuff all over it. I also pulled out an older SU set, A Merry Season. I wanted to create a winter tee with my favorite stamp set, Little Tees from Gina K Designs. I stamped one of the snowmen from that set on the corner of the tee; capturing just part of his face and body and the present he holds proudly on his twig hand. I colored the background, snowman, and the tee with PrismaColor pencils and used a PrismaColor pencil to blend. I layered them as you can see here. For the sentiment, I cut two different size circles with my Fiskars Circle Cutter. I stamped "Holiday Happiness" from So Many Sayings on the Wild Wasabi layer and added 3 small black brads. I raised the tee by adhering it with foam tape (love that stuff). The card size is 4 1/4" square.


Card Details:
Stamps: Little Tees {Gina K Designs}, A Merry Season & So Many Sayings {SU}, Holiday Background {Uptown Designs}
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, & GP White
Ink: Ranger Archival Black
Accessories: black brads, PrismaColor Pencils & Blender Pencil, Wild Wasabi ribbon, Circle Cutter {Fiskars}, & foam tape

1 comment:

Melanie said...

that's adorable!! Great idea to make some holiday shirts! :D