Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Birthday Gifts

My grandma turned 92 on the 21st. I was planning to make a special card, but my mom also suggested making a frame to put in a picture of myself and my sister. She doesn't have any current pictures of me or my sister because I take most of the pictures and can't take them of myself and my sister doesn't allow anyone to take her picture. So we went to my mom's house on Sunday and she took a picture of the two of us together for the frame. Here is the frame without our picture. I used a cute white square frame I picked up from Ikea a few years ago. I used Basic Grey Blush paper to cover the frame front and then added prima flowers and rhinestones to really bling it up!! The stamped flower & sentiment is from Gina K's Comfort and Peace set.

I also made a cute little card with the Owl Always Love You set {also from Gina K}. She has such cool stamps. The sentiment is from her set You Know Your Old When. And on the inside I stamped the sentiment
"everything hurts - and what doesn't hurt doesn't work."
When I read it to my grandma, she said she must not be old then. Which is funny because she doesn't really get around too much and I assumed that was because things hurt or don't work. I stamped the background with some clear stamps from the dollar bin at ACMoore {Studio G, I believe}.





No comments: