Sunday, February 11, 2007

Did someone say "chocolate"??

So, the new fad apparently is "chocolate". It seems to be popping up everywhere. Some say it's the new "black". Well I always loved browns and vanilla's together. So, I love the new "au chocolate" look. I was playing around with this color scheme last night and thought I should add one other color. I chose Cranberry Crisp. In honor of my least favorite holiday, Valentine's Day, I made some cards with the chocolate theme and a little cranberry mixed in for added richness. I just love the Paisley background stamp from Stampin' Up!©. In the first card, I stamped the background with Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla cardstock. I also used Basic Brown to stamp the "LOVE" image and colored it with the Dove blender pen and some ink from my Cranberry Crisp pad. I used a pretty milk chocolate colored prima flower with a dark chocolate button in the middle. I used white hemp and dyed it cranberry with my ink pad. In the second card, I also stamped paisly with Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla. I cut the hearts out of Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Crisp using a colluzzle template. I used the Word Window punch and small slot punch for the Valentine tag and the slit to attach it. I used another milk chocolate flower and made a faux button with my 1/2" punch and poked holes with an awl to run the aida thread through. I think these colors look wonderful together. Hope you enjoy. I think I need to have some chocolate now.

No comments: